PRODUCTION MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Companies in the food sector, under pressure from:
- Increasingly strict legal regulations
- Increasingly more fierce competition
- A global crisis that forces the consumer to purchase low cost products have begun to feel the need to safeguard their margins, optimising all the processes connected to production scheduling and control. Therefore a PRODUCTION MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE becomes essential
Their vast experience in this area has allowed QUALITAS INFORMATICA to take on the food sector, introducing innovations and best practices which are typical of other sectors which first felt this need.
Benefits of the PRODUCTION MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
- Reduction of scrap and raw material waste thanks to the coordination and synchronisation of planning and scheduling of all the activities connected to production
- Prevention of errors in production and errors in material use (ingredients which are expired or close to expiration/defective/blocked, packaging that does not correspond to the product, etc.)
- A decrease of stored fixed capital through more efficient planning
- Improved response times, in other words, simpler and quicker changes to the production plan (Quick plan preparation and modification)
- Increased productivity of the production/packaging lines
- Improved general efficiency of the system
- Drastic reduction of paper - GREEN
- A reduction of the time required to produce and search for progress, batch traceability and associated analysis documentation
- Control plans always observed: signal on the Monitor which forces the operators to carry them out.
- A decrease in destructive tests (product quantity)
- The elimination of “custom” applications and Excel spreadsheets to unify the information databases
- Precise reports from analysis (efficiency, waste, traceability)
Characteristics of the meps NET@PRO ENTERPRISE, PRODUCTION MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE specific to the food sector
- Management of different units of measurement and the production batch
during all logistical processes in order to monitor a drop in weight of the product and to guarantee flexibility in managing the production cycle phases. This way alternative units of measurement such as kg, pieces or packaging units can be managed extremely simply.
- Recipe Management
The recipe defines both the materials used (basic list) and the production process (standard cycle) to produce a given item. The possibility of comparing recipes as well as comparing real and theoretical recipes. Each recipe can be specific to one or more characteristics of the production batch
- Co-product management
Management of secondary products stemming from the production process
Management of product variants
- GS1 standard for traceability
The GS1 System is made up of a series of tools which facilitate electronic business transactions and sales and which provide a standardised way of identifying, tracing and tracking products, services and locations capable of reducing costs or adding value to goods and services. GS1 International is present in 108 countries on 5 continents
- Solution for product traceability and labelling
in compliance with Regulation (EC) No. 178/2002 and the Indicod-Ecr guidelines. Bidirectional product traceability available on a unified system
- Optimum management of process and laboratory quality control required by HACCP certification
- Support for ISO 22000:2005 Standard certification which has the primary goal of safety management through systematic control of all subjects involved in the food chain, both within and outside the company.
- Management of operator skills and quality control plans as well as multi-role and multi-station self-checks. Plan parameter controls.
- Batch quality grade (quality level) management. The quality level is managed and inherited throughout the entire traceability process.
- Batch reclassification (different variant or maturing processes)
- Rework and corrective action management (ex: curing)
- Management of expiration dates, last shipment and last labelling
- Optimum management of weight checks required by the sector regulation
- Integration with the machines: Timed recordings of s measured automatically associated with the batch. Real time production control and supervision: in particular the product yield calculation, in other words calculating the difference between raw material intake and finished product output in the various production uses
- Production monitoring by handling unit (management by item). Bags, boxes, pallets, etc.
- Real time performance analysis of the individual production sites
- Production scheduling: association of finished product or semi-finished product codes with the production line, work day, shift, number of pieces per hour. Using the graphic interface an authorised operator schedules production, also using the features to manage the correct labour / skill requirement
Software for production and warehouse management
Management software for traceability and tracking